In this chapter, we will help you to understand the detailed functions of 2D design. On completion of this chapter, you will be able to draw a detailed floor plan.
2D Design Interface
Menu bar: Most commands are listed here. Left click to select the command.
Navigation panel: Some frequently-used commands are here. Left click to select the command.
Workspace: the drawing area
Auxiliary toolbar: Zoom control tools. Left click to use the command.
Quick toolbar: Some frequently-used commands are here. Left click to use the command.
Product library: You can see the pictures and detail information of the product on top of this area. You can select the product from the lower area.
Let’s begin by drawing draw the following layout plan step by step. In this section, we will introduce the detailed operating method.
There are Templates you can use.
The system will automatically generate the room in the workplace. As a result, we have
now built the living room.
When you move to a certain distance, a red cross will appear which indicates that the third wall has the same length as the first one.
“Insert Picture” command
If a customer already has a floor plan, then you can scan it into a JPG file. We can then use this method to draw the room.
1. Create a new file. Select Draw Insert picture in menu bar.
The system will automatically display the picture in a proper size. The following dialogue pops up to define the ratio. Click “Choose reference point”.
The system will require you to specify the first point. Choose the wall that has length information on it. Left click on both end of the wall.
Install rooms and windows
Click “Room” in the navigation panel, and select “Single door” in the product library. Input the size of the door and click “OK”.
Move the door to the wall and it will automatically insert onto the wall.
You can move the door icon to either side of the wall to determine the direction of the door inside or outside the room. Move along the wall to the preferred position and click to confirm. At this point, we have inserted the door.
Draw a line
1. Select Draw Line in the menu bar.
2. Move the mouse into the workspace. Left click to determine the start position, and then move the mouse to another position. A tip will be displayed to ask you to determine the end point, and then dynamically shows the distance between the two points.
3. Click at a proper position to determine the end point, and now the line has been completed.
4. Repeat the procedure, and you can draw multiple continuous lines using the end point of the previous line as the start point.
5. Click the right button to finish.
Tips: you can use the “snap” function to snap the two points to accurately locate the line.
Draw an arc
1. Select Draw Arc in the menu bar.
2. Move the mouse into the workspace. Left click to determine the start position, and then move the mouse to another position. A tip will be displayed to ask you to determine the end point, and dynamically shows the distance between the two points. Click the left button. Then move the mouse; another tip will be displayed to ask you to determine the radius of the arc. Click the left button to finish.
Continuously draw any shape, which is combined, by line and arc
1. Select Draw Polyline in the menu bar.
2. Move the mouse cursor into the workspace, and you can see a tip for the first point. Click at a suitable position to determine the first point, and then you will see a prompt for the next point, if you want to continue to draw an arc, press“A” in the keyboard.
3. For example: When you finished drawing a line, press“A” in the keyboard, then you can draw an arc. After you finished drawing the arc, if you want to draw a line, press“L” in the keyboard. Press C to close the whole the line.
4. If you don’t want to close the whole line, then right click after you finish drawing the last section.